There are many different assistive devices that can help you stay safe in your home and help you thrive in a senior living environment. Many of these items can be found at a pharmacy or home care company.
1) Buttoning Aid Hook- Using buttons with arthritic hands can be extremely frustrating. By using a buttoning aid hook, it allows you button clothing easier.
2) Bed Handle- This device attaches to your bed and helps you get in and out a bed easily and safe.
3) Emergency Pendant- Senior living communities, like The Views, offer emergency pendants. Tenants can press the pendant when needed and nursing staff will assist. For seniors still living in there home, there are other medical alert device companies that can assist when emergencies arise such as life alert. Google medical alert device companies in your area.
4) Recordable Alarm Clock- This is extremely useful for people living with dementia or those who have a brain injury. You can record different appointments or reminders with the users or families voice.
5) Handybar standing aide- This device attaches to your car door so aging adults can get in and out of the car easier. The device is small enough that you could fit it inside of your purse or in a glove compartment.
This is just a small list of items that can help you in your home. There are many different home care devices out there that can help you stay safe and remain independent in your environment.